We at IDA would like to make your registration process go as smoothly as possible. In order to register for the conference you need to either have an account with IDA or you must create one here.
- Your email address must be associated with your registration. You can only register yourself with your login. To register another co-worker, please log out and log back in with their email and credentials.
- Group registrations of 4 or more registrants from the same organization or company qualify for the group discount. Please contact the registration team at email@example.com for assistance.
- For those traveling from Canada, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the long-distance code.
- For those traveling long-distance outside North America, please contact email@example.com for long-distance code.
- Once you are logged in, click “registrant type” on the right hand side of the screen and select “member vs. non-member rate.” This will populate the corresponding price.
- The opening, closing, and newcomer’s reception are free. Please select those which you wish to attend.
- Next, select pre-conference tours. You will see the number of seats available next to the price. (additional fees apply).
- Next, select any mobile workshops (additional fees apply).
- If you would like to book a tour after your registration is submitted, please contact IDA staff at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 3, 2018. Tours cannot be added online after your registration is submitted. Refunds are not available for canceled tours after October 3, 2018.
Please note, if you register without selecting pre-conference tours or mobile workshops you run the risk of them selling out. Once you complete your registration, you cannot log in again and add tours or mobile workshops. You must contact IDA staff to add available tours or mobile workshops by emailing email@example.com
The International Downtown Association (IDA) and co-host, Centro San Antonio, proudly present the IDA 64th Annual Conference & Tradeshow, themed “Retropolitan: The New American City,” October 24-26, 2018 in San Antonio, Texas. Celebrating its 300th anniversary, San Antonio exemplifies the growing “retropolitan” movement nationwide – preserving a rich and diverse cultural history, while looking toward the future.
For decades, urban place management professionals have acted as leaders of their communities by undertaking the strategic and visionary work of city building. The 2018 conference will be organized around IDA’s seven official knowledge domains, recognizing the seven distinct areas of professional practice used to shape vibrant urban districts which anchor the well-being of towns, cities, and regions around the world.
Join over 800 inspired leaders shaping cities around the globe at this year’s conference showcasing the sustainability, creativity, preservation and heritage of San Antonio. Experience the moments that define “Retropolitan: The New American City” and join us in 2018 as San Antonio celebrates with grassroots initiatives, globally recognized cultural experiences, and transformative partnerships that will carry the city into the next 300 years.
The conference will be held at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter at 101 Bowie St, San Antonio, TX 78205.
Please join IDA for the IDA 64th Annual Conference & Tradeshow on October 24-26, 2018 in San Antonio.
- Groups of four or more individuals from the same organization receive an additional 10% off their registration. One individual from the organization should contact IDA for the group registration form. This group discount only applies to full conference registrants. The discount does not include tour or mobile workshops. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the form.
Long Distance Discount:
- Traveling from outside North America? In an effort to provide a truly international experience for all delegates, we gladly extend a 15% discount to any registrant from outside North America. This discount only applies to full-conference registrants. The discount does not include tour or mobile workshops. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- For those traveling from Canada, IDA is extending a 15% discount to registrants. This discount only applies to full conference registrants. The discount does not include tour or mobile workshops. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
New Member Discount:
- Not already a member of IDA? Register at the member rate, plus receive 33% off your new membership, by joining today! Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Full Registration fees include: Plenary Sessions with Master Talks, Breakout Sessions, Open Space Sessions, Admission to Tradeshow, Receptions (2), Refreshment Breaks (4), and Lunches (2). (Pre-conference workshops and tours are available for an additional fee.)
- Daily Registration fees include: Access to one day of Plenary Sessions with Master talks, Breakout Sessions, Open Space Sessions, Admission to the Tradeshow, Refreshment Breaks (2), and Lunch (1).
- Partner/Spouse fee includes: Receptions (2) and Lunches (2). Tours are available for an additional fee for registered partner/spouses. Partner/Spouse fee does not include session attendance.
- *Registrants using the group discount code must be part of a group of four or more individuals from the same organization. Registrants who use the code, but do not meet this requirement will be charged the full conference rate, plus a $50 processing fee.
- On-Site Registration will be available throughout the conference – additional fees apply.
- Consent to Use Photographic Images: Registration and attendance at, or participation in, IDA events and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to the use and distribution of the registrant or attendees’ image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions and audiotapes of such events and activities by IDA and other third parties, including but not limited the venue, the host city and the host partner organization.
Payment & Cancellation:
- For your convenience, payments may be made by Visa, MasterCard or American Express. Written notice of cancellation is required. Cancellations received via email by September 26, 2018 will receive a refund less a $100 processing fee. Refunds will be processed approximately 30 days after the event. Cancellations received after September 26, 2018 will not be refunded. Please email cancellation notification to International Downtown Association by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The official conference accommodations will be at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter (host hotel) located at 101 Bowie Street; the San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk located at 889 East Market Street; and the Hilton Palacio del Rio located at 200 S Alamo Street.
Currently, rooms are available for IDA delegates from October 23 – 27, 2018 at a special rate of USD$249 per night plus tax at the Hilton Palacio del Rio. Reserve your room by calling the toll free line at 1-800-HILTONS and use the group code “IDA.”
For Marriott properties, the deadline to reserve your room was Friday, September 28, 2018. These properties are currently sold out.
About San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter
The San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter welcomes you to this vibrant city with superb amenities, outstanding service and a prime location. You’ll find our hotel just steps away from the legendary River Walk, with its scenic cobblestone streets and world-class shopping and dining. The Alamo is within walking distance, and the San Antonio Zoo is close by as well. Settle into your spacious room or suite, which offers skyline views and deluxe pillowtop bedding. Savor Southwestern flavors at Sazo’s, our hotel restaurant, or enjoy a workout in the fitness center and a swim in the indoor/outdoor pool. Spend time strolling the River Walk and discovering the city during your downtime. Whatever your reason for joining us, we’re ready to help you create lasting memories at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter.
About San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk
The San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk is ready to make your Texas visit truly unforgettable, with stylish design, helpful service and an impeccable location. You’ll find the hotel on the world-famous Riverwalk, with its numerous shops and attractions; you’re also just a short walk from San Antonio landmarks including the Alamo. Stretch out in recently renovated rooms and suites, which showcase contemporary design, pillowtop beds, premium amenities in the bathroom and views of either the Riverwalk or the San Antonio skyline. Break a sweat in the fitness center, followed by a swim in our indoor/outdoor pool.
About Hilton Palacio del Rio
Set on the banks of the San Antonio River, Hilton Palacio del Rio is in the middle of River Walk entertainment, shopping and dining. Every room in the Hilton Palacio del Rio hacienda-style hotel has a balcony overlooking the River Walk or the city. The hotel is only eight miles from San Antonio International Airport.
Don’t be Scammed by Third Party Housing Companies
The official hotel and overflow properties are listed above. Please beware of other companies soliciting hotel room “deals” over the dates of the 64thAnnual Conference & Tradeshow. Third party housing companies typically offer a higher rate than the official block rate. These company’s cancellation polices are often harsh and unforgiving. IDA is not working with any third parties to offer attendees accommodations! If you receive a solicitation and are unsure whether or not it is legitimate, please contact Carolyn Dellutri at email@example.com
Air Canada is providing a discount for attendees flying to the 64th Annual Conference & Tradeshow in San Antonio. Use code “X7D9PTM1” to receive a discount on flights to SAT (San Antonio) or AUS (Austin). Please visit Air Canada’s website for booking and enter the promotion code in the search panel. Discount code is valid for travel any day of the week between October 17 and November 2, 2018. Discounts will vary based on travel zone and fare class, and may not apply to already reduced fares.
Who attends an IDA conference?
IDA conferences are designed to meet the needs of professional place managers from downtown organizations, city agencies, municipalities, and private-sector companies. Content is designed for every level of the profession, from executives to associates.
Where is the conference located?
The 2018 conference will be held at The San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter located at 101 Bowie Street, San Antonio, Texas. Select mobile tours and workshops will be held off-site; those location details will be noted in the program. Click here to download a PDF of San Antonio. Click here to download a PDF of the conference floor plan.
Is there parking at the San Antonio Rivercenter?
The San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter has onsite parking for $37 per day.
Will there be wi-fi at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter?
Marriott Rewards members receive complimentary internet in their guest rooms. There is also complimentary Wi-Fi in the lobby of the Marriott Rivercenter. Please accept the terms and conditions, no password needed. The network is called MARRIOTT LOBBY.
Are meals included?
For each full day of the conference, a morning continental breakfast and lunch will be included. Dinners are not included, but we will provide a locally curated list of dinner options.
Is there a dress code?
While there is not a specific dress code for the conference, most attendees choose to dress between business and business casual. Individual events (tours, receptions, etc.) throughout the conference may specify and require a certain dress code. Those events will be noted.
This is my first IDA conference. Can I get a mentor?
New for 2018! We have designed a new program to match you with a mentor one month prior to attending the IDA Annual Conference & Tradeshow in San Antonio. You will be notified via email by your mentor to set up a time to either talk on the phone or meet at the conference once you arrive in San Antonio. Sign up by filling out your registration form and checking the box “Match me with a Mentor.” Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I get to the hotel from the San Antonio airport?
Taxi cabs are available at the outer commercial curbside at Terminal A. For assistance, please contact the Airport Ground Transportation employee (wearing red shirts). Fares to San Antonio downtown areas start at USD $29 per taxicab. Up to 6 may share a cab if both luggage and passengers fit safely.
Where can I find parking and transit maps for San Antonio?
Please visit Downtown San Antonio’s Discover webpage for more information.
The Annual Conference and Tradeshow of the International Downtown Association is the signature gathering of inspired leaders who are shaping cities around the globe. This is the premier event for urban place management professionals to discuss industry trends, share best practices and learn the latest tips of the trade.
At last year’s conference, attendees continued to advance inclusive city building discussions, and examine the role of professional place management in shaping prosperous districts that remain true to the essence of each place.
2017 by the numbers:
- 10 master talks from the likes of LinkedIn, Rutgers University, Love Front Porch, Stantec and Community Solutions. Watch the videos on IDA’s YouTube channel.
- 650+ attendees
- 470+ users on the IDA Conference App
- 23 mobile workshops and tours
- 28 break-out sessions
- 750+ tweets using the official conference hashtag #IDAWPG17
- Diverse and exciting sponsors and exhibitors offering services to enhance cities and help your profession
- Travelers came from South Africa, Sweden, Belgium, Ireland, England, Ireland, and throughout North America, with a contingent of more than 200 from Canada alone!
What we heard at #IDAWPG17:
- “Always my favorite conference of the year!”
- “Excellent content for new members, great networking and idea generation.”
- “Amazing diversity with Master Talks and great innovation with Open Space discussion.”
- “The IDA Conference is an outstanding opportunity to gain expert knowledge and learn from other communities. It is a ‘must-attend’ event for all urban management professionals interested in how to ensure a bright future for our ever-growing cities.”
- “The people that come to this conference are the best reason to keep coming back. They are energetic, engaged, and just fun to be around.”
- “This conference was educating, refreshing and inspiring to see the work that’s being done in cities around the world. I encourage staff at varying levels to attend and share what you learned with your colleagues and create a plan of action to produce measurable change in your community.”
- “The IDA Conference provides opportunities to learn, share, realize, and better understand the challenges being faced and overcome.”
- “Once again, IDA has brought together the innovators that breathe life and excitement into our downtowns.”
- “If your organization is dealing with an issue, IDA conferences are the way to meet directly with a person who has successfully dealt with that issue.”
- “The IDA Conference is the premier ‘university’ of downtown management.”