We at IDA would like to make your registration process go as smoothly as possible. In order to register for the conference you need to either have an account with IDA or you must create one here.
- Your email address must be associated with your registration. You can only register one person at a time.
- Group registrations of 4 or more registrants from the same organization or company qualify for the group discount. Please contact the registration team at email@example.com for assistance.
- For those traveling from Canada, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the long-distance code.
- For those traveling long-distance outside North America, please contact email@example.com for long-distance code.
- Once you are logged in, click “registrant type” on the right hand side of the screen and select “member vs. non-member rate.” This will populate the corresponding price.
- The opening, closing, and newcomer’s reception are free. Please select those which you wish to attend.
- Next, select pre-conference tours. You will see the number of seats available next to the price. (additional fees apply).
- Next, select any mobile workshops (additional fees apply).
- If you would like to book a tour after your registration is submitted, please contact IDA staff at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 24, 2017. Tours cannot be added online after your registration is submitted. Refunds are not available for cancelled tours after August 16, 2017.
Please note, if you register without selecting pre-conference tours or mobile workshops you run the risk of them selling out. Once you complete your registration, you cannot log in again and add tours or mobile workshops. You must contact IDA staff to add available tours or mobile workshops by emailing email@example.com
Please join IDA and co-hosts Downtown Winnipeg Biz, West End Biz, and The Exchange District Biz for the IDA 63rd Annual Conference & Tradeshow on September 13 – 15, 2017 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. This three-day conference, themed “AuthentiCITY,” will continue to advance inclusive city building discussions, and examine the role of professional place management in shaping prosperous districts that remain true to the essence of each place. The 2017 conference and tradeshow will be the place for practitioners to study best practices, explore new ideas, network, and share solutions in an updated conference design while gaining the tactics and knowledge necessary to transform cities into healthy and vibrant urban places. From pre-conference workshops and tours to breakout sessions, open space meetings, and Master Talks, the 63rd Annual Conference & Tradeshow will be among the most professionally rewarding conferences you have ever attended.
“AuthentiCITY” will highlight Canada’s diverse culture, history, spirit, and the creativity of its people during Canada 150, the anniversary of the country’s Confederation. Attendees will experience the pride, energy, and hospitality of friendly Manitoba and connect with the cultural hub of Winnipeg, the gateway to the west. This city, and its business districts, don’t simply embrace trends – they start them, making it the ideal learning laboratory for districts of every size.
Share Winnipeg’s dreams and challenges as they look towards the future. It’s a city of the unexpected on the path of revitalization, and an authentic destination full of life. Explore “AuthentiCITY” with IDA and leave inspired to truly make a difference in your city.
The conference will be held at the RBC Convention Centre at 375 York Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3C 3J3, Canada
Please join IDA for the IDA 63rd Annual Conference & Tradeshow on September 13 – 15, 2017 in Winnipeg, MB.
- Groups of four or more individuals from the same organization receive an additional 10% off their registration. One individual from the organization should contact IDA for the group registration form. This group discount only applies to full conference registrants. The discount does not include tour or mobile workshops. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the form.
Long Distance Discount:
- Traveling from outside North America? In an effort to provide a truly international experience for all delegates, we gladly extend a 15% discount to any registrant from outside North America. This discount only applies to full-conference registrants. The discount does not include tour or mobile workshops. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- In recognition of the Celebration of Canada150 this year, for those traveling within Canada, IDA is extending a 15% discount to any registrant from Canada. This discount only applies to full conference registrants. The discount does not include tour or mobile workshops. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
New Member Discount:
- Not already a member of IDA? Register at the member rate, plus receive 33% off your new membership, by joining today! Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Full Registration Fees Include: Plenary Sessions with Master Talks, Breakout Sessions, Admission to Tradeshow, Receptions (2), Refreshment Breaks (4), and Lunches (2). (Pre-conference workshops and tours are available for an additional fee.)
- Daily Registration Fees Include: Access to one day of Plenary Sessions with Master talks, Breakout Sessions, Admission to the Tradeshow, Refreshment Breaks (2), and Lunch (1).
- Partner/Spouse Fee Includes: Receptions (2) and Lunches (2). Tours are available for an additional fee for registered partner/spouses. Partner/Spouse fee foes not include session attendance.
- *Registrants using the group discount code must be part of a group of four or more individuals from the same organization. Registrants who use the code, but do not meet this requirement will be charged the full conference rate, plus a $50 processing fee.
- On-Site Registration will be available throughout the conference – additional fees apply.
- Consent to Use Photographic Images: Registration and attendance at, or participation in, IDA events and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to the use and distribution of the registrant or attendees’ image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions and audiotapes of such events and activities by IDA and other third parties, including but not limited the venue, the host city and the host partner organization.
Payment & Cancellation:
- For your convenience, payments may be made by Visa, MasterCard or American Express. Written notice of cancellation is required. Cancellations received or postmarked by August 16, 2017 will receive a refund less a $100 processing fee. Refunds will be processed approximately 30 days after the event. Cancellations received after August 16, 2017 will not be refunded. Please mail payment or cancellation notification to International Downtown Association, Attn: Carolyn Dellutri, 910 17th Street NW, Suite 1050, Washington, DC 20006.
The official conference accommodations will be at the Delta Hotels Winnipeg (host hotel) and Alt Hotel Winnipeg.
The Delta Hotels Winnipeg is located at 350 St Mary Avenue, Winnipeg, MB. Rooms are available for IDA delegates from September 12 – 16, 2017 at a special rate of CAN$219-304 per night plus tax. The group rate is available until August 11, 2017. Call 1-844-294-7309 and use the code “IDA” or click here for online reservations.
The Alt Hotels Winnipeg is located at 310 Donald St, Winnipeg, MB. Rooms are available for IDA delegates from September 12 – 16, 2017 at a special rate of CAN$154 per night plus tax. The group rate is available until August 23, 2017. Call 1-844-946-6258 and use the code “IDA” or click here for online reservations.
About Delta Hotels Winnipeg
Boasting a convenient downtown location in Winnipeg, Manitoba’s capital city, the recently renovated Delta Hotel provides a wide assortment of four-star amenities to ensure a memorable visit. Unwind after a busy day in downtown Winnipeg in the hotel’s spacious, well-appointed guest rooms, which offer a flat-screen TV, deluxe bedding, an ergonomic work area, and ample natural light. The hotel is connected by Skywalk to the RBC Convention Centre and the MTS Centre, and is close to many notable attractions in downtown Winnipeg.
About Alt Hotel Winnipeg
Located in the new Sports, Hospitality and Entertainment District (SHED), the hotel is just steps away from the MTS Centre and an array of businesses such as restaurants, bars and boutiques. The building was designed and constructed to be energy efficient and features a geothermal heating and cooling system that recycles warm air as well as automatic and energy-saving lighting devices. The hotel offers modern rooms with absolutely everything you need: a comfortable bed, a nice hot shower and super-fast Wi-Fi. A well-equipped gym is available day and night. Convenient. Contemporary. Comfortable. Affordable luxury.
Don’t be Scammed by Third Party Housing Companies
The official hotel and overflow properties are listed above. Please beware of other companies soliciting hotel room “deals” over the dates of the 63rd Annual Conference & Tradeshow. Third party housing companies typically offer a higher rate than the official block rate. These company’s cancellation polices are often harsh and unforgiving. IDA is not working with any third parties to offer attendees accommodations! If you receive a solicitation and are unsure whether or not it is legitimate, please contact Carolyn Dellutri at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Air Canada is providing a discount for attendees flying to the 63rd Annual Conference & Tradeshow. Use code “8M6F8RV1” to receive a 15% discount on all North American flights to YWG. If originating from outside North America, use code “4MYXMTU1” for a 15% discount on airfare into YWG. Please visit Air Canada’s website for booking.
Who attends an IDA conference?
IDA conferences are designed to meet the needs of professional place managers from downtown organizations, city agencies, municipalities, and private-sector companies. Content is designed for every level of the profession, from executives to associates.
Where is the conference located?
The 2017 conference will be held at the RBC Convention Centre at 375 York Avenue in Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3C 3J3 Canada. Select mobile tours and workshops will be held off-site; those location details will be noted in the program.
Is there parking at the RBC Convention Center?
The RBC Convention Centre Winnipeg has two separate climate controlled underground parkades (North and South) with 729 parking stalls. View a map, entrance locations, and payment options at the RBC Convention Center website.
Are meals included?
For each full day of the conference, a morning continental breakfast and lunch will be included. Dinners are not included, but we will provide a locally curated list of dinner options.
Is there a dress code?
While there is not a specific dress code for the conference, most attendees choose to dress between business and business casual. Individual events (tours, receptions, etc.) throughout the conference may specify and require a certain dress code. Those events will be noted.
How do I get to the hotel from the Winnipeg airport?
IDA attendees can take taxi cabs from the Winnipeg Airport to the Delta and Alt Hotels. The fee is approximately CAN$20 and should take approximately 20-30 minutes.
The Annual Conference and Tradeshow of the International Downtown Association is the signature gathering of inspired leaders who are shaping cities around the globe. This is the premier event for urban place management professionals to discuss industry trends, share best practices and learn the latest tips of the trade.
At last year’s conference, attendees explored achieving impact, embracing trends, and solving problems that face downtowns and urban districts coast to coast and across the globe. Conference programming and events leveraged Atlanta’s partnership ethos and created a learning laboratory to inspire attendees’ partnerships in their own communities.
2016, by the numbers:
- 10 master talks from the likes of Stantec, Dumpster Project, Georgia Institute of Technology and the City of Atlanta. Watch the videos on our YouTube channel.
- 700+ attendees
- 470+ users on the IDA Conference App
- 11 mobile workshops and tours
- 26 break-out sessions
- 525 tweets using the official conference hashtag #IDAATL16
- Diverse and exciting sponsors and exhibitors offering services to enhance cities and help your profession
- Travelers came from South Africa, Belgium, Ireland, England, Ireland, and throughout North America, with a contingent of more than 150 from Canada alone!
What we heard at #IDAATL16:
- “Always my favorite conference of the year!”
- “The IDA Conference is an outstanding opportunity to gain expert knowledge and learn from other communities. It is a ‘must-attend’ event for all urban management professionals interested in how to ensure a bright future for our ever-growing cities.”
- “The people that come to this conference are the best reason to keep coming back. They are energetic, engaged, and just fun to be around.”
- “IDA is the one conference each year I won’t miss.”
- “The IDA Conference provides opportunities to learn, share, realize, and better understand the challenges being faced and overcome.”
- “Once again, IDA has brought together the innovators that breathe life and excitement into our downtowns.”
- “If your organization is dealing with an issue, IDA conferences are the way to meet directly with a person who has successfully dealt with that issue.”
- “The IDA Conference is the premier ‘university’ of downtown management.”
- “It is great to have a chance to brainstorm with the best of the best.”